Welcome everyone to my blog!
This blog represents the beginning of a new chapter in my life after recently deciding to retire after 26 years of teaching. Now I am excited to do what I’ve always wanted to do. I can’t wait to share my love of educational technology with you and make it as easy as possible. I tried to do it as often as I could with my fellow teachers, and now it’s a full-time adventure, and I am so excited.
Teachers, especially elementary ones, have so much on their plates each and every day. We want to do what’s best for our students, and we know that using technology can help in so many ways, but it can be time-consuming, and so sometimes we just set it aside.
Help has arrived
The lack of teacher prep time to integrate classroom technology is why I started the Tech Tutory.
I hope to help you save time and make technology fit simply and seamlessly into your already busy day. My goals are…
- to give you simple, step-by-step instructions for some of the amazing apps out there. I’ll make the mistakes first, so you don’t have to!
- Offer lessons that align with the standards that incorporate technology and 21st-century skills for students and teachers.
- Help you align lessons with ISTE Technology Standards.
- Share ideas about how teaching and learning are changing, and what teachers can do to keep up without going crazy!
- Answer your questions about tech in the classroom, and perhaps debate the answers with you!
I was not a super teacher, and I don’t have a bunch of degrees or awards. What I am, is someone who wants to use all of my practical experience from many years in the classroom, to see all teachers be their very best for their students in the 21st-century
Are you ready to join me?